You can take you baby to the dentist as soon as the first tooth appears but it should not be later than her first birthday. This is to prevent dental problems.
To prevent dental problems its better you get your child checked every 6months.
However based on your baby’s teeth problems the dentist would change the frequency of your visits.
They are important because they form a path through which permanent teeth erupt. They help in configuration of jawbones and muscles of jaw. They help in the development of speech and chewing ability.
As soon as the first tooth erupts you can use a soft bristled tooth brush with a small head.
Before that you can use your fingers or cloth for cleaning the gums.
You should brush your child’s teeth at least twice a day, once in the morning and once at bed time. You can brush them after feeding to remove any debris attached to the teeth.
As soon as teeth appear, start brushing with a toothpaste and appropriate size tooth brush.
For children less then 2years a “smear” of toothpaste should be enough. For 2-5years of age, a “pea-size” amount of toothpaste should be used. Children have a fantasy to swallow excessive toothpaste after brushing. So be sure they spit the toothpaste out.
Brush up and down and not from side to side. First brush his front teeth and later the back teeth. Be sure to brush the inner surface of teeth as well. Use a circular motion on the gums.
Give your child a balanced diet consisting of fruits and vegetables, breads and cereal, milk and dairy products, fish and eggs. Limit the amount of sugars and starches.
You can rinse the area with warm salt water. If it is swollen cold compresses can be applied on the face. Take your child to dentist as early as possible.
Firstly you should brush childs teeth properly and regularly. You should try to avoid any other thing than water in their bed time bottle for older babies. And take your child to a pediatric dentist regularly and get their teeth checked.
Don’t panic. Stay calm. Find the tooth, hold it from above (at the crown) and try to reinsert it into the socket. If you are unable to do that, then put the tooth in a glass of milk and consult a dentist.
Soft plastic mouth guards can be used to protect a child’s teeth, lips, cheeks and gums from sport related injuries.
Dental X-rays are quite safe. There is very little risk in dental X-rays.
- Cold wash cloth-Rinse a clean wash cloth in cold water and place over child’s gum. This would relieve the pain and is quite safe. relief by giving counter pressure to swollen gums.foods and this also helps to strengthen jaw muscles,gums. They are a good alternative for medicinal methods.
- Clean Finger-You may use clean finger over the gums to provide relief by giving counter pressure to swollen gums.
- Finger Foods-Some babies who are teething enjoy chewing fingers foods and this also helps to strengthen jaw muscles.
- Teething Rings-Cooled water filled rings can be used for inflamed gums. They are a good alternative for medicinal methods.
- Rattle Teethers – The bright color of rattle are appealing to baby.
- Textured Teethers – These have a variety of shapes and hard and soft surfaces for your baby to chew, according to her needs.
- Cuddling your baby- More love and affection may help your baby pass through this teething journey easily.
Initially you might need to brush your child’s teeth. Later you can brush together with him/her and teach. They enjoy mimicing you and would learn faster. Give him a choice of toothbrush, so that he will be excited to brush by himself. You can put a mirror in front of him so that he can see himself. If he sees you having fun then he will also start enjoying.